· Why was the neighborhood meeting not required?
· Rejected, but the Mayor-elected board members approved it!
· Zoned residential not for a factory, so why destroy this community?
· No vocational component in place;
· Write City Council – It’s this neighborhood today, but it could be yours tomorrow.
Please help us to prevent Graceland Enterprises
dba Made In Memphis, LLC
from turning Graves Elementary School
"LIGHT MANUFACTURING FACILITY"
in the center of our lovely neighborhood.
No Factory at Graves Elementary School
(Submitted, but not received in time
to be read into the Memphis City Council 04-07-2020 meeting minutes).
Correspondence between YDN & Paul Young - 4/10/20
SCS Agenda Item Details
Meeting Nov 19, 2019 - November Work Session; Category Staff Action Items; Subject Land Sale: Former Graves ES Type Action (Consent) Dollar Amount 200,000.00; Recommended Action: It is recommended that the Shelby County Board of Education approve the sale of the former Graves Elementary School at 3398 Graves, 38116
Made in Memphis, LLC c/o Elvis Presley Enterprises
Responsible Party: Dr. John Barker, Deputy Superintendent of Finance and Operations
and other pertinent information. No Factory at Graves.
It's a factory, end of subject. We say, "No Factory at Graves Elementary School."
PD 20-04 Memphis & Shelby County Land Use Control Board hearing on Whitehaven Works at Graves Elementary School held Thursday, May 14, 2020...
... Vote 6 for the factory and 4 against.